Hiring for personality is always a go-to choice for every employer. Likewise, exhibiting good characteristics as an employee will help you in leading the opportunities in your career. Positive personality traits that form an individual’s character and morale are important not only in predicting how they react and interact with one another; but also in how they fit themselves with the tasks and responsibilities. Great quality attributes are a mixer of hard and soft skills, strengthening with regular practice.
Let us dive into some of the common qualities preferred by an employer.
Common positive traits of a good employee:
Dedication refers to a strong commitment and support to a business or job role. Dedicated employees are more likely to be purpose-driven people in both personal and professional careers.
If you are a dedicated employee, you may have these traits,
- Strong passion for your work
- Positive attitude toward your job
- Proper punctuality for all work-related activities
- Natural flexibility to the positions given
A dedicated employee doesn’t require extensive experience in their field. They tend to put themselves into relevant training to understand and necessary expertise.
They are always goal-oriented and more probably work hard to strengthen the qualities required for the work.
Employees with reliability are more likely to prove that they can finish their given tasks without much supervision. Also, reliability in employees makes them more trustworthy.
For becoming a reliable employee, you must have
- Showing up regularly for work-related events
- Maintaining punctuality
- Consistency in meeting deadlines
- Delivering high-quality work
- Also Showing huge interest and eagerness to take significant risks and responsibilities
- Taking proper initiatives when needed.
Some organizations prefer an employee with the ability to work independently. Hence, it is just as important as the ability to work well with other team members.
As an independent employee, you should offer these
- Strong focus on work
- Developed time management skills
- Deal resourcefully
- Power to find critics in their work
4. Interpersonal skills
The study says that 73% of employers want a candidate with strong written communication skills. Interpersonal skills ensure that spending significant time with customers, vendors, co-workers, or managers can be positive and effective.
A good communicator tend to demonstrate the following traits
- A Superior level of professionalism
- An open-minded approach to new ideologies
- Strong ability to interpret nonverbal communication cues and patterns
As a matter of fact, great communicators are active listeners, where they respond to what the other person is saying and perceive it correctly.
Integrity refers to the traits like truthfulness and accountability. Likewise, developing integrity also helps in being honest about capabilities and preferences.
Transparency in the workplace is crucial, as it shapes your company culture and facilitates success. In addition to this, When your co-workers know what to expect from you, you can develop the needed team strategies to succeed.
Developing integrity inner-selves can display
- Being honest about the progress you have
- Have morals in all business practices
- You are also undoubtedly aware of core principles and demonstrate them often
- You tend to take decisions out of integrity and honesty.
Influential leaders have a wide range of skills– like self-confidence, reliability, and honesty. Additionally, proper leadership can guide in greatness in moving your company forward.
As a strong leader, you may exhibit the following positive traits,
- Strong organizational skills
- Capable of identifying a team’s strengths and weaknesses
- Strong confidence in leading teams
- Sound empathy among team members
- Providing constructive feedback regularly
Leadership is a crucial employee quality. Above all, hiring an individual who exhibits leadership traits gives other team members to look up to. This can lead to increased motivation and productivity among the department. The skill gap found in leadership will reduce with collaborative and consistent leadership training.
A successful team requires excellent communication skills, patience, dedication, and decision-making skills. By exhibiting strong teamwork skills, you can also show other successive desirable positive traits.
A good team player requires,
- Committed to their successes and team’s success
- Strongly reliable and responsible
- Effective team to solve problems
- Very supportive and respectful of others.
Organizations that rely on teamwork should consider adaptability as a crucial one too. Therefore, employees who can quickly adapt to different roles will usually have practical teamwork skills.
Confidence, along with productivity, works very well. Moreover, confident employees tend to convince their managers, co-workers, and customers of their abilities as well. With developed confidence, you might find it way easier to embrace the challenges faced in the workplace.
A confident employee tend to have these positive personality traits,
- Active listening
- Seek to improvise the skills
- You know when to ask for help
- Strong nature in adaptability
The importance of building positive personality traits
Developing such positive traits may help in making a favorable impression on your manager/employer. Although, some disputes, cold-shoulders, and resentments come from personality incompatibilities. Thus, considering positive personality traits at the workplace is more important than you think. In addition, It will help your team to stay motivated and focused in the workplace.
Develop your soft skills, communication skills, and leadership training program with the help of KloudLearn LMS. Also, get access to hundreds of courses on developing necessary skills from our content library. In addition to that, design customized training programs that deliver impactful information. Visit KloudLearn to know more about us and to sign up for a free demo.