We’re excited to announce updates to our course authoring feature.
Course authoring enables learning administrators to build and launch rich, interactive courses in just a few steps. This post helps you to uncover everything about this feature in detail.
What is Course Authoring?
Course authoring is the creation of interactive and engaging multimedia content for the purpose of education.
To create a new course,
- Navigate to the courses section in your KloudLearn dashboard
- Click on the ‘Create+’ button and choose ‘KloudLearn course’
- Once you are in the create course section, all you have to do now is to add assets to complete the creation of the course.
What are the different course authoring features supported by KloudLearn?
Build Rich Text Articles
Textual content is the heart of any course and KloudLearn has made it extremely simple to embed rich text articles within a course. Just like any powerful content management system, you have an option to preview the content before publishing it. You can also embed the following components to an article to make it richer –
- YouTube video
How can an administrator create rich text articles?
To create a rich text article,
- Add an asset to the course by clicking the Add Asset + button.
- Choose ‘Article’ as your asset. You will be able to access a text editor with all the functionalities necessary to create your brand-new article that can then be a part of your course.
Embed YouTube Videos for course authoring
If you plan to add YouTube videos to your course, then all it takes is a couple of steps in KloudLearn. Just search for your preferred video and add them as an asset to make it a part of your course. This is perfect if you wish to add some of your past videos hosted on YouTube. You do not have to separately upload them into KloudLearn saving precious time.
How can an administrator embed YouTube videos?
To embed a YouTube video to your course,
- Add YouTube as an asset while building your course
- Search for your preferred video with the right keywords
- Select your video and click on save to successfully add it to the course
Video Recording and Screen casting for Course authoring
Videos are undoubtedly one of the best ways to communicate your ideas to the viewers and KloudLearn recognizes that. That’s why KloudLearn has an inbuilt recording tool and a screen casting tool to help you create video lectures.
How can an administrator create a video recording?
To create a video recording,
- Selecting Record as your preferred option while adding an asset in the course creation process
- You will be offered three options –
- Record a video – To record a video from your webcam only
- Screen Record – Capture your screen action only
- Screen + Video Record – Record both videos from your webcam and capture your screen action
- After completion of the recording, you can either rerecord or save the recording. Once the recording is saved, it will be automatically added to the course.
Advanced Course authoring Settings
One of the reasons why KloudLearn is preferred by most organizations is due to the flexibility it offers to the course administrators while creating the course. There are several advanced course settings that you can manage within your KloudLearn dashboard that can aid in managing the courses effectively once it is created. Here are they –
- Privacy Settings – The privacy settings of a course enables you to decide who can access the course. There is also an option to decide the type of license your content holds. This will help in securing your content from plagiarism.
- Completion Settings – The completion settings of a course enables you to decide how a course is completed by a learner. Under this, you have the following options –
- How can a user complete a course/asset – This parameter determines how a user is supposed to finish the course.
- When can user complete a course/asset – This parameter determines when a course is considered completed.
- When course can be completed – Choose the required percentage that will determine the exact progress of the course at which the course is considered completed.
- When asset can be completed – Choose the required percentage that will determine the exact progress in an asset at which the asset will be considered completed.
- Assessment Settings – Choose the pass percentage of the course.
- Certificate Settings – You can decide whether to issue a certificate to the learners completing courses and issue them a custom, or a default certificate.
- Skill Settings – Skill is something that a learner will acquire upon completion of the course. You can associate one or more skills to a course in this section.
How can an administrator access advanced course settings?
To modify the course settings,
- Navigate to the Course Settings section after successfully adding all the lessons to the course.
- You will be able to make changes to the privacy settings, completion settings, assessment settings, certificate settings, and assign skills here.
- Your changes are automatically saved.
Contact us to know more about the course authoring feature. Or write to us at email@example.com.