KloudLearn is thrilled to announce its advanced assessment feature for all our partners. This intuitive feature of KloudLearn helps you to assess and track the performance of your learners with customized quizzes that can be built in a few steps.
Here is everything you need to know about this powerful feature –
What are Assessments?
Assessments are typically the practice of testing the knowledge of students after the completion of a course in KloudLearn. With the help of an assessment, the trainer can develop a deep understanding of what the learners know and what can they do with their newly gained knowledge. The purpose of an assessment is attained when the results are used to improve the subsequent learnings.
What assessment features are supported by KloudLearn?
A Grading Station is one stop section where you can see the statuses of all the questions created so far. This includes what has been graded, what requires grading, and so on. It also shows the total number of responses for that question along with its correct answer and the type of question. In short, it gives 360 degrees view to the administrator on what kind of questions work best for a course.
How administrators can access the grading station?
To access the assessment,
- Navigate to the Assessment section in your KloudLearn dashboard.
- Click on the grading station button on this page to view the grading station section.
Unlike Grading Station (which focuses on questions), an Assessment Summary gives a summary of the various assessments that have been conducted so far. It displays details like scores, results, status, the user who has taken the test, etc. This section helps the course admins to track all the tests on a single screen.
How administrators can access the assessment summary?
To access the assessment summary section, all you have to do is navigate to the Assessment section in your KloudLearn dashboard. Assessment Summary is the default page that is visible to the users.
Multiple Quiz Types
KloudLearn supports three different types of questions –
- MCQs – Arguably the most common type of question found across any testing platform. In this type of test, the learner has to select one or more options as the answer from multiple choices.
- Video Response Question – This type of question requires a video recording response. This is quite useful when you’re training sales professionals and you are testing their sales pitch capabilities.
- Text Questions: This type of question requires a free form text box response. This can be used when you want to evaluate your learners with a question that doesn’t have a predefined answer and you don’t want it to be a multiple-choice quiz.
How can an administrator create quizzes?
A powerful quiz creation tool is provided by KloudLearn to aid the administrator in creating the assessments quickly. To create a new quiz, an administrator has to perform the following steps –
- Navigate to the Assets section in your KloudLearn dashboard
- Click on Add a new asset and choose Quiz as your option. You will be taken to the quiz creator tool.
- In the Create Quiz section, enter your questions along with the options by placing each of them in an individual line.
- To mark an answer as the right answer, follow the answer with an asterisk
- To add a video response question in a quiz, add # after a question followed by pressing two enter button to go to the next question.
- To add a text question in a quiz, just type the question without an answer. Then move on to the next question by pressing the Enter button twice.
Once you have created a quiz, the next step is to insert it into a course. To do that –
- Create a new course
- Add your created Quiz as an Asset to the course
How can learners take quizzes?
A learner can access an assessment through courses, provided the administrator has added an assessment to the course. The quiz will be displayed to the learner as part of the regular flow of the course.